WHEN SHOULD I TEACH MY CHILD THE ALPHABET?
Announcing our first book!
ARE YOU feeling unsure about the thought of teaching your child the basics of literacy?
HAVE YOU ever wondered what skills a child needs before learning to read?
DO YOU want simple, fun, educational and age appropriate ways to connect with your child?
When should I teach my child the alphabet is the perfect early literacy guide for busy parents with 0-5 year old children.“There are key foundation skills required for children to learn to read. If they are not in place by kindergarten, it becomes increasingly hard for a child to become a fluent reader.” (NALS 2002)
Wondering why it’s so perfect? Here’s five reasons why:
- It’s a quick read – We get it! Parents are busy. This information packed book gives you every thing you need to know in a no nonsense and short format. It takes about 20 minutes to read the book cover to cover and have all your questions answered.
- It’s a road map – Fed up of being given vague advice like “It’s important to read to your newborn”? Are you wondering if you are doing every thing right? When should I teach my child the alphabet lays it all out for you plain and simple, explaining the ‘whats’, ‘hows’ and ‘whys’ for each stage.
- It’s easy to use as a reference: Organised by age so you can pick it up and find the relevant part for your child at a moment’s notice.
- It’s fun – At Notch Hill Learning we believe in learning through play. When should I teach my child the alphabet is jam packed full of fun, affordable literacy building activities for you and your child to enjoy together.
- It helps you support your child’s time schedule – There’s a lot of pressure out there to have children reading early. Many parents are unsure what normal development looks like. In When should I teach my child the alphabet we give you the real deal. We’ll give you all the skills you need to enable your child to bloom into reading and the confidence to stand back and let it happen naturally.
Order your copy today:
Softback and ebook format available (takes you to an external website)
ebook formats available in Amazon Kindle, Sony® Reader, Barnes & Noble nookTM, Kobo Books, Google eBookstore, Scribd.com, iBookstore and BooksOnBoard, which is available on the iPhone and iPad via the Stanza application.